Dive into Refactoring
Hi, my name is Alexander Shvets, I'm the creator of this website. After two years of work, I'm happy to present you my course on refactoring, which will make you a better programmer.
I have been programming since I was 13. Windows didn't even have a Start button back then. Since that time, I have worked at five companies, learned a half a dozen of programming languages and launched several successful projects.
In this course, I will try to share my knowledge with you and teach you to:
- See the difference between beautiful and ugly code.
- Improve ugly code.
- Change the code in such a way that it doesn't break other parts of your program.
You will like the course if you have at least once felt like this cat here sitting in front of a broken build.
The course is a compilation of 21 code smells for identifying bad code plus 66 refactoring techniques for getting rid of these smells.
Each chapter includes examples in Java, C# and PHP.
The refactoring techniques are illustrated with live examples. These are much easier to follow than static code – and more fun, too!
Why buy this course instead of a thick book about refactoring?
This course is written in simple, accessible language with no academic jargon. Direct and to the point with a minimum of fluff.
It’s optimized for tablet viewing. So go ahead and read it on your couch while sipping some tasty cappuccino.
Interactive elements of the course help to keep you on your toes, unlike ordinary books that lull you to sleep after ten minutes.
Oh and did I mention the live interactive examples? Yes I did, but they’re too cool not to mention again!
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Your purchase of the course is absolutely risk-free. If within a month you decide that you are unhappy with your purchase, I will immediately refund all your money, no questions asked.
Here's what other people say+ Write a review
I completed the course at a leisurely pace in about a week. I liked how the smells link to the relevant refactoring methods and vice versa.
Awesome material, thank you! I use the standard refactoring methods in Idea pretty often but I did not realize there are so many of them. Of the new ones, my favorite is Replace Nested Conditional with Guard Clauses.
I liked how the material was structured in one story line. I know you just got started but my suggestion would be to add examples in Swift too.
Frequently asked questions
- What do I receive after I pay?
- You receive a username and password for an account on this site. Then you log in and start the course. Your account will also have links for downloading bonus materials.
- How long do I get access for? Is there a time limit?
- There is no time limit, and no monthly/yearly fee to keep access. Log in whenever you like and the course will be there for you!
- What payment methods do you accept?
- You can use credit/debit cards or PayPal.
- How do you keep my data safe?
- Your payment information is sent in encrypted form directly to the payment gateway. Your payment data is never transmitted to or stored on our server.
- Can I get my money back if I’m dissatisfied with the course?
- Yes! I only want your money if you are happy with the product! If you aren't satisfied, please send an email to email@example.com with a copy of your receipt and I will refund you, no questions asked.